Blue Mountain Resort is proud to announce the 2012 SBC Media Showcase, and are excited to give one of their guests the chance to win the ultimate ski and snowboard vacation. These days, every other person you see on the hill is carrying a GoPro, Contour, or some other personal video camera. As a result of this, ski and snowboard edits are a dime a dozen, but at what cost? The creativity, art, style and skill are lost when you upload your video straight to YouTube.
The SBC Media Showcase is a chance for true storytellers to share their experiences at Ontario’s largest mountain resort. The top entries, as selected by our panel of industry professionals, will be featured at the final stop of The Canadian Shield Ski and Snowboard Tour at Blue Mountain, and will compete for a chance to win airfare courtesy of Ultimate Ski Vacations, six nights of accommodation at the Delta Sun Peaks Hotel, and lift tickets at Sun Peaks Resort for themselves and a friend.
- Final submissions must be a minimum of 2 minutes, and must be no longer than 4 minutes in length. (not including official sponsor loop)
- A minimum of 30 seconds of the final submission must be filmed at Blue Mountain Resort.
- Audio is open, but we suggest purchasing or downloading royalty free music from a website such as the Vimeo Music Store.
- No explicit audio or video will be allowed.
- Each video must focus on some form of skiing, snowboarding, winter activities or winter resort lifestyle content.
- Entries must be received before 12 PM on March 8, 2012.
- View complete rules and regulations.
- The top 10 videos, as selected by the judging panel, will be posted at www.sbcresortguide.com with links from SBC SKIER, Snowboard Canada, Blue Mountain Resort and all social media channels on March 12, 2012 and will stay posted until March 22nd, 2012
- Videos will have two weeks to generate as many “Likes” as possible.
- Finalists will be featured in the SBC Media Showcase on Friday, March 23, 2012 during the final stop of The Canadian Shield Ski and Snowboard Tour.
- The Grand Prize winner will be announced based on total number of “Likes” accumulated
- A People’s Choice Award winner will also be selected by the audience in attendance.
Uploading Final Entries
Launch the Interactive Trail and Resort Map from the Blue Mountain website.
Click the “Upload My Photos/Videos” tab in the top menu of the pop up window.
Agree to the Terms and Conditions, enter your information, and select “Choose file & upload.”
You will receive an email within two business days confirming they have received your submission.