It feels like a very short 8 weeks since the Roxy Ride Days started back in January. Our second year of the all girls freestyle program flew by in a blur of boardslides, sweet air, high fives and good times. New friends were made and tricks were stomped. The girls have a jam packed bag of tricks to take their riding to the next level. Here are some highlights from the 5 programs that ran across Ontario.
1. Blue Mountain Bonanza:
a. Returning Rider – Selina Lai, Front Board
b. Coaches – Jessica Woolsey, Erika Langman & Eve Northmore
c. Airtime with the Blue girls
d. Core Rider – Keegan Klinkman, Tail Press
2. Another Thursday night park session. Blue Mountain.
3. Roxy Core! We added a core program for competitive riders as well as the Ride program. Head Coach Meg Watson with her Glen Eden Core crew.
4. Courtney Munroe. Tail Press at Horseshoe Valley.
5. Lakeridge Resort Mondays.
a. Kristen Carr – Frontboard
b. Clare Zeltner – Straight Air
c. Lakeridge Roxy Crew with coaches Meg Watson & Ashley Braun
6. Blue Mountain, always a fun time with a premier park and pipe built to keep our girls amped all season long.
a. Allison Abbott – Tailslide
b. Coach Eve Northmoer & Selina Lai
c. Double Trouble Boardslides – Core girls, Allison Abbott & Keegan Klinkman
7. Glen Eden group shot. No surprise that this was the biggest program location with 2 parks to cater to our mix of beginner to advanced riders progression.
8. Coach Sessions:
a. Ashley Braun – Tailpress, Lakeridge
b. Jessica Woolsey – Frontboard Guns, Blue Mountain
c. Eve Northmore – Boardslide, Horseshoe
d. Erika Langman – Frontboard, Blue Mountain
9. We were super stoked to be back with our weekend girls at Beaver Valley. With 3 sweet parks and a grom series spearheaded by Beaver Valley, competition training was the name of the game.
a. The group with coaches Eve Northmore & Hillary Ledden
b. The group, hillside at the Quiksilver King of the Park
c. Coach Hillary & Alison Hansen
d. Coach Hilary & Megan Kirwin
10. Sunday Funday. Taking a break with the Beaver Valley crew
11. Canadian Shield
a. Ontario managed to squeak out one last competition in late March. The girls cleaned up at Canadian Shield! Andi Gendron (2nd, Girls 12 and under), Carina Buck (1st Girls 13-15), Not pictured: (Summer Gendron, 1st Girls 12 and under).
12. Going out with a bang:
a. Coaches Laura Brace, Jessica Woolsey & Eve Northmore with Andi & Summer Gendron at the Canadian Shield.
Many Thanks to Roxy and all of the 2012 riders for an amazing season!!
Blue Mountain: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Roxy-Ride-Days-Blue-Mountain/134665616641780
Glen Eden: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Roxy-Ride-Days-Glen-Eden/226602964078677
Beaver Valley: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Roxy-Ride-Days-Beaver-Valley/272904809422356