BRECKENRIDGE, Colo. – Breckenridge Ski Resort announced today the band lineup for this year’s Bud Light Concert Series as part of Breck’s annual Spring Fever Festival. Widely recognized as the biggest Spring party in the Rocky Mountain region, Breck Spring Fever this year features over 40 events taking place from March 17-April 14, closing day.
The Bud Light Concert Series brings the party to Breck with four concert days of big-name acts on Saturday and Sunday afternoons on the mountain.
All concerts will be FREE to the public and will take place on a specially-constructed stage on the snow facing One Ski Hill Place, a RockResort, at the base of Peak 8, from 2-5 p.m. on each concert date.
FULL LINEUP FOR 2013 BRECK SRING FEVER BUD LIGHT CONCERT SERIES:
Sat. April 6th– The Mighty Mighty Bosstones– Since their inception in 1984, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones have been one of music’s most prolific touring and recording bands. During their 27 year career they have played thousands of shows all over the world and released a slew of groundbreaking albums. The platinum-winning ska-core band from Boston are best known for their album Let’s Face It and their hit single “The Impression That I Get”, and are credited as one of the progenitors of the ska punk genre.
Sun. April 7th– The Dirty Heads– This SoCal rock/reggae/hip-hop band makes music that represents positivity and good vibes, with a melodic style that includes hip hop and ska punk genres. Their debut album featured one of this decade’s biggest singles, “Lay Me Down”, which spent 11 weeks at #1 on the Billboard Alternative Chart, a record for an independent release.
Sat. April 13th– 3OH!3– One of Colorado’s favorite hometown bands, 3OH!3 is the electropop duo of Sean Foreman and Nathanial Motte, who named the band after the area code of their hometown of Boulder, CO. Having collaborated with some of the biggest names in pop, such as Lil’ John, Katy Perry and Ke$ha, 3OH!3 has racked up an impressive resume that’s seen them vying for MTV Video Music Awards, selling out shows worldwide, racking up platinum singles, and creating instant parties at festivals across the globe.
Sun. April 14th– Matisyahu–Matisyahu fuses the contemporary styles of rap, beatboxing and hip-hop with the more traditional vocal disciplines of jazz’s scat singing and Judaism’s hazzan style of songful prayer, rolling it all into a dominant background of reggae. His hit single “King Without a Crown” off his album Live At Stubb’s launched him to stardom and was a Top 40 hit in the USA. He has been named Top Reggae Artist by Billboard and continues to produce inspirational hits that also contain deep meaning.
Spring Fever events continue to be added in town and on the mountain throughout the festival; for the latest and most up to date schedule of Spring Fever events, visit www.BreckSpringFever.com.
Spring Fever is based on embracing the biological change that occurs in humans as the seasons switch from winter to spring. Wikipedia defines Spring Fever as: “A term applied to several sets of physical and psychological symptoms associated with the arrival of spring, and an increase in energy and vitality.” Breck Spring Fever will kick off on St. Patrick’s Day, March 17, and will conclude on closing day, April 14.
Other Breck Spring Fever 2013 signature events will include:
- St. Patrick’s Day Party & Celebration at Seven’s
- 5’ til 5’ extended after-hours Terrain Park Happy Hour events on Friday afternoons via the 5 Chair lift
- The 2nd Annual “Breck Throwback Throwdown” superpipe & minipipe competition presented by Mountain Dew and a Throwback Party and Concert at the Riverwalk Center
- The “Supergirl Snow Pro Community Cup” women’s pro slope style competition and lifestyle event
- The “Breck Ascent Series” uphill races on Wednesday afternoonn
- Extended Gondola operating hours
- The 3rd Annual Ripperoo Mascot Winter Olympics
- The Breck 5 Peaks Mountaineering Race, North America’s longest ski mountaineering race
- The KSMT Spring Fever Beer Festival
- The 17th Annual Imperial Challenge bike & ski race
- The “Tatry Giant Slalom & Slalom Races”
- Park, Pipe, and Big Mountain Camps for adults and children alike
- The 2nd Annual “Breck Chili Cook-off” at Seven’s
- Easter egg hunts both on the mountain and in-town
- The annual “Easter Kids Weekend”
- A sunrise Easter service at Ten Mile Station
- The Spring Series International Ski Federation Super G & Giant Slalom Races
- The 3rd Annual Ripperoo Mini World Cup
- “Fever Reliever” merchant discounts throughout town
Breck Spring Fever is presented by Breckenridge Ski Resort, Bud Light, Mountain Dew and Red Bull. Associate partners include Go Pro, Helly Hansen, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Breckenridge, and Maui Jim.
Breckenridge Ski Resort is open until Sunday, April 14 this year, so save your sick days and come play during Spring Fever! For more information about this month-long series of events, call 970.453.5000 or visit www.BreckSpringFever.com